The West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI/Skills Initiative) is a nationally recognized workforce intermediary. We implement custom talent solutions focused on connecting the City’s talent to opportunities within prestigious companies, organizations, and institutions. We are looking to add a Manager of Recruitment to our team.
The Skills Initiative is a uniquely successful workforce organization for many reasons, including our exceptional recruitment program. Our employer partners have made commitments to us and the job seekers that utilize our services to interview all successful program graduates. This results in 95% of graduates earning roles with employers and an 84% retention rate at 12 months – a rate that far outpaces the national average retention of 47%. The recruitment team is a cornerstone of the Skills Initiative model. The management of this component requires exceptional commitment to the work, diligent attention to detail, innovative problem solving, a true growth mindset, effective data management skills, an inquisitive nature, and resiliency.
The Manager of Recruitment is a vital member of the Skills Initiative team who reports to the Senior Manager of Employer Services. The Manager of Recruitment provides direct support to program applicants as they move through the application process and works closely with members of the Employer Services team as well as the Manager of Outreach and Communications to create custom recruitment strategies for Skills Initiative programs. The Manager of Recruitment is responsible for data input, tracking, management and reporting through Salesforce. The Skills Initiative strives to maintain a high quality and equitable recruitment process for all applicants. The Manager of Recruitment is the team member most directly connected to applicants during the process and will be responsible for identifying areas where we can design more efficiencies and create more equity in the process.
Custom Recruitment Strategies
- Build a detailed calendar and send invites for staff and partners related to key recruitment dates
- Coordinate space needs, availability, and readiness for program activities including assessments and interviews
- Ensure that the assessments and background checks associated with each program move forward expeditiously and are in line with employer standards
- Manage the assessment process used during recruitments including CASAS, Ramsay Mechanical, and other specialized assessments as needed
- Maintain tracking forms for WPSI onboarding steps necessary for various recruitments, including the interview schedule tool, next steps forms, and other onboarding completion trackers as needed
- Assist with the continued automation of emails in Salesforce and the accompanying data entry which triggers them (i.e. information session RSVPs, information session attendance, interview attendance results, interview scores, assessment scores, background screens, rejection process, etc.).
- Utilize DocuSign and Salesforce to manage and track participant data and required documents
- Manage communications for applicants during recruitment including responding to emails and phone calls, providing technical support, troubleshooting applicant concerns, collecting required documents, and generally keeping applicants informed of the process and their place in it
- Participate in application reviews and coordinate additional staff for support
- Support the team by completing interviews with prospective participants, as needed.
- Track important data in Salesforce including document requests, interview and assessment scheduling, rejections, and acceptances
- Monitor recruitment strategies and outreach plans to increase the visibility of WPSI
- Work with team to identify ideal recruitment partners for specific training programs
- In partnership with the Manager of Outreach and Communications, lead virtual and in person information session for partners
- Monitor Information Sessions chat to manage applicant attendance, respond to questions, and provide links for facilitator.
- Monitor recruitment flow from a user’s perspective to continuously improve the screening processes for efficiency and effectiveness
- Update recruitment projections on a daily basis to identify when and where to adjust strategy to achieve goals
- Generate reports and other analytics on the status of various recruitment initiatives and report them to relevant teams on a regular basis
WPSI is a small team that is deeply collaborative and all team members use Microsoft Sharepoint and Teams frequently. Experience with the full Microsoft Office suite is helpful. WPSI uses Salesforce to
manage our data and this role will be primarily responsible for updating, maintaining, and extracting data related to recruitments. Experience with Salesforce is required; however, training will be provided on our specific instance. Additionally, the recruitment coordinator will use Calendly for high volume scheduling, Docusign for applicant document collection, and will set up and schedule Zoom sessions for a variety of recruitment activities. Again, experience is helpful but training and support on all systems will be provided.
Salary for this role is $60,000.
Interested applicants should send their resume to Cait Garozzo at email@example.com using the subject line: Manager of Recruitment Application.